The Châtel ski domain offers a wide range of superb holidays and magnificent opportunities for skiing, both for those who come for the life and scenery on the mountain and those looking for that ultimate experience on the slopes!
It extends across two massifs: Super-Châtel / Barbossine and Linga / Pré-La-Joux / Plaine Dranse, and not forgetting the village lifts too and comprises 49 ski slopes : 5 black, 15 red, 18 blue and 11 green with a total length of 83 km and 44 ski-lifts.
Located in the heart of the Portes du Soleile area, there are direct links from Châtel to the resorts of Avoriaz, Torgon and Morgins.
The projected dates for winter season 2012.2013:
Here are the dates for the projected closing of the resort :
> Sunday 7th April evening:
Closing of Petit-Châtel, Barbossine Onnaz, Morclan and Portes du Soleil links with the Swiss resorts of Torgon and Morgins.
> Sunday 14th April evening:
Closing of Super-Châtel area.
> Between the 15th and the 21st April, the Linga /Pre-la-Joux area will be open with the following lifts operating as well as the slopes they serve:
- Linga cable-car, Echo Alpin chairlift, Stade and Leiche ski lifts
- Combes, Cornebois chairlifts and Keyset ski lift.
- Chaux des Rosees and Rochassons chairlifts.
- Pre-la-Joux and Pierre-Longue chairlifts, Rubis and Covagny ski lifts and telecorde
In matter of ski passes:
- From 6th to 14th April : -15% on Portes du Soleil and Châtel ski passes
- From 15th April until the end of season. : -20% on Portes du Soleil ski passes and -32% on Châtel ski passes.
The Linga, Pre-la-Joux and Pierre-Longue lift cashiers will be open until 21st April.
> Sunday 21st April evening:
Closing of the whole area as well as the connection with Avoriaz.
Warning: those times might change regarding weather conditions that's why we advise you to check the day opening list on site.