Preparation: 5 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
(for 6 people)
• 1 kg raspberries (you can buy them at the market or go out and pick them yourself)
• 700 g sugar
• 6 jam pots
• Put the raspberries through a liquidiser. You can also put them through a blender to remove the little pips.
• Pour the fruit and sugar into a bowl or cast-iron casserole. Mix together on a low heat.
• Bring to a boil on a moderate heat, stirring occasionally. This will take approximately 5 to 10 minutes before the scum starts to form.
• As soon as the scum starts to form, take the pan off the heat.
• For 5 minutes, skim off the scum carefully.
• When there is almost no scum left, leave it to boil for 3 minutes. Now it’s ready!
• Pour it into pots and cover them the next day or in the next few days, once you are sure that the jam has set properly.